Monday, March 12, 2007

Enjoying our home, preparing for Christopher

It has been two weeks now since we moved into our new place. It feels so nice to be living in a place of our own and to not have the same worries as living in an apartment complex. Just before we moved from our apartment, we had our bikes stolen (they were double locked and inside a cage) and the constant noise level and destruction of common areas was just annoying. Plus the apartment complex management were just plain incompetent and rude.

We had our good friends Diego and Julie over for dinner tonight. Diego's daughter Vivian (she is almost 15) joined us as well. We made our favorite dinner of marinated chicken (using Italian dressing) placed on the grill, and seasoned vegetables (potatoes, yams, carrots, red onion seasoned with oregano, bit of salt and seasoning) baked in the oven. We also had a garden salad, corn bread, and for dessert brownies and vanilla ice cream. Alfonso and I really love marinating chicken and grilling it- it just tastes so flavorful. Next week we are going shopping for a little grill so that we can grill food and not have to use the common grill up the hill by the pool.

I have been doing some planning for the baby lately- I have most items registered at www.babiesrus.com and www.target.com Planning for the baby is a little overwhelming, so I am appreciate of any input and suggestions. I am trying to choose the most necessary items, but I really do not know what items are good and what items are not. I have been trying to read reviews, but some people give positive reviews of items and others give negative views. So, any helpful tips and suggestions are much appreciated. :)

We have our doctors appointment tomorrow. I will be fasting for 6 hrs and then taking a high sugary drink called Glucola. After drinking the Glucola, I need to have my blood drawn an hr later to see what my fasting blood glucose is. I will be in my 3rd trimester in two weeks, so soon I will be going to the doctors every two weeks and then every week for the last month.

We are starting to get excited, knowing that in just 3 months little Christopher will be here with us. He has been really active, and his strength is growing. I no longer feel gentle tapping but little thumpings. Sometimes when I watch tv, I will see my stomach move out of the corner of my eye. I believe that his head is still facing upwards and his feet and down near my bladder. Sometimes I have the sensation that he is sitting on my bladder and then I have to go to the bathroom frequently. Here is a picture of me taken earlier today. I am wearing a dress that I bought from the Gap, it's very light and comfortable. This week the temperature is in the 90's, so I have been trying to dress cooly.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay for the belly picture! You look so cute pregnant.

I found tickets to L.A., and they're like $300 from Madison in both April and May. I really want to come to your baby shower in May, so when you pick a date let me know!

Mary said...

Here are a couple of items that my siblings find to be essential:

1-Pack-n-play/play yard (it's a portable playpen/crib). They use it for travel as well as for in home use. Most of the models out now have a removable bassinet for naps. My brother in law says that having a bassinet in your bedroom is also nice for the first few months, but he and my sisters were both worry worts when Timmy was a newborn (he'd been in the NICU for a couple weeks before getting home).

2-Monitors. My sister insists that they are essential in a multi-level home.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

i thought you were going to name your bebe
juan diego rogelio valencia