Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Proposal

After going ring shopping (this was back in October) and being together for nearly three years, Alfonso and I are officially engaged! :) He proposed on Christmas Day after we both had worked the 23rd and 24th. We had slept until 2pm on the 25th and had made plans to go to the Santa Monica Beach and watch the sunset and open gifts together. We left by 4pm so that we could catch the sunset by 4:50. We were in a rush to get there and my gas tank was on empty so we were a little stressed. After we found parking (with little time to spare before the sunset) we ran to the beach and took in the sunset. It was a perfect day with the temperature in the 70's and not windy. There were many families out enjoying the day. We took some pictures of the sunset and then looked for someone to take our picture together.




After the picture, Alfonso turned towards me and asked what would make this day more special. I started to feel a little emotional and that was when he pulled out a ring from a little pouch that was around his neck.



Then he got down on one knee and said that he loved me and wanted to spend the rest of his life with me. He asked if I would marry him. By this time I was crying. The man that was taking our picture had his family in the background and they were all yelling and cheering. It was quite a moment.







Of course I said yes. :) We spent the rest of the evening on the Santa Monica Pier (this was actually one of the first places we spent together when we first met) and we had a portraits drawn and then rode the carousal together. Afterwards we went to the hospital where we saw our friends Diego, Brandy and Dennis and showed them the ring. We were leaving the next day for MI, so we wanted to see them before we left. Here is a picture of the ring that I took while I was in the airport going to MI. The ring is absolutely gorgeous. I feel so happy and blessed to have my dream of marrying Alfonso come true and to share the rest of my life with him. :)

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Awww, how sweet. I didn't know there was a person taking your pictures the whole time. How nice to have the actual event on camera! Congratulations, you two.