Thursday, February 01, 2007

20 weeks



Lately we've been really busy with buying the house and searching for refrigerators, washers, and dryers. We will be closing on the house February 21st, and moving in on the 25th. It's been a little chaotic lately, but hopefully everything will slow down during the next couple of weeks.

We had our 20 week ultrasound with the perinatologist on Tuesday. This ultrasound was to look at the different organ systems and make sure that the baby is progressing well. So far everything looks normal- they measured the brain, kidneys, bladder, legs, and cervix. The ultrasound tech commented on how much movement the baby was doing. She said it looked like he was pushing down on his legs so that he could change into another position. I just hope that the baby does not do too much movement and will not turn into a breech position by the time of delivery.

The screening for Downs Syndrome was negative, and the baby does not have a cleft palate (as was viewed during the ultrasound). We could see the four different chambers of the heart, and his heart rate was normal at 143 beats per minute. The baby measured 25cm in length (10 inches) and weighs 15 ounces (about 1 lb). We could see his little hands and feet and at one point he sucked on his fingers.

I can feel the baby moving- he is starting to get stronger. I had Alfonso put his hand on my lower belly and he could feel the baby moving around.

Lately I've been having quite a few nosebleeds. I think it has something to do with the heat drying out my sinuses and the increased hormones softening my mucous membranes. I normally do not have nosebleeds (I think the last one I had was when I was four) so this has been a little new for me. I don't dare blow my nose hard (even though I wake up every morning feeling a little stuffy) and I may just ask my OB during my next appointment about a OTC nasal spray for the dryness.

We are still looking at names, but we are going to narrow it down to three names by the time the baby is born. We want to include a middle name, so we will have a couple of different combinations. We'll keep everyone updated on which names we choose.

Here is the baby waving bye to everyone: :)

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Meeeooowwww! Cute pics!

lazarte4 said...

hey,he little guy is waving
to me!!
let me know when he's old enough to learn martial arts..
you've got free lessons..