Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ho hum (Week #39)

Well, tomorrow Thursday June 14th is my official due date. We went to the doctors today and she placed a monitor on me to measure the baby's heart rate and to measure my contractions. Christopher's heart rate was between 140-160. I was having small contractions every five minutes apart, but nothing very significant. The other night while we were driving to Babies R Us to return my Diaper Genie II pail (waste of money) I felt very intense contractions. They soon went away after 20 minutes though. Now that I know what actual contractions feel like, I will be more attuned to them and not just try to walk it off or do some other intervention. The contractions feel similiar to pressure and cramping in the lower pelvic and abdominal region. It almost feels like a pressure on the bladder causing you to want to pee.

Afterwards she did an ultrasound to check the amount of amniotic fluid. Ideally you want 5cm total in all four quadrants. She calculated 9. something, so I am not low on amniotic fluid. We were once again able to confirm that Christopher is definetly a "he" (there is no mistaking it!).

She then checked my cervix and it was 1 cm dilated (10 cm is maximum for delivery). My next appointment is on Saturday, and then I am scheduled for induction (that is if I do not go into labor beforehand) Monday night at 10pm. It would be cool if Christopher was born on Tuesday the 19th, since my birthday, my sister's birthday and our wedding day falls on the 19th (different months of course).

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Brow! I am keeping my fingers crossed for tuesday. :)

Mary said...

For the past few months Joe has been randomly pondering your pregnancy out loud. He'll say things like "I wonder if it's hard for Becky to be at work" or "I wonder how big her belly is getting" or something along those lines. Frequently I respond with things I've read in your blog and he looks at me like I'm some sort of crazy psychic person. So when I told him that they were going to induce you at 10pm on Monday (if needed) he got very flustered and called your Mom. He's so anxious to be an uncle. :)