Sunday, March 16, 2008

Not much of anything new has been going on in my life... which is a good thing. Between working full-time, managing Christopher and baby girl, doctors appointments, balancing the house (cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, maintaining our budget) life has been fairly busy. Long gone are the days when I would go to the mall and buy a new outfit, or share an evening with Alfonso that included movie and sushi for dinner. The focus of my life has shifted to my family instead of me, myself and I.

I wonder how much of our lives will change with a new baby in the house. I remember those first few months of Christopher's life, when he required our complete attention. I fear that I will not be able to serve my duties as a wife; keeping the house in order, making sure Alfonso and Christopher are managing well, along with taking care of the baby. I can't even imagine going grocery shopping and running errands with a 1 year old and an infant. I will have to keep Christopher strapped into a grocery cart, and the baby strapped to my chest in a carrier. Thankfully we have our niece here, so she will be able to help us out.

On a lighter note, Christopher will be 9 months this Wednesday, March 19th. I will be turning 29 on the same day. Christopher is doing quite a bit of scooting around the floor. He has this funny little scoot where he rolls onto his right shoulder and pushes off the floor with his feet. He reminds of a wounded soldier crossing a battlefield. He now has four teeth, and will happily put any objects into his mouth and chew on them. He really enjoys walking around with the assistance of Alfonso, and complains when we cannot walk him around the house 24/7. He has filled out quite a bit these three months, so we are curious to see how much he weighs at his 9 month appointment. Baby girl is moving quite a bit, and is growing to be very big. I hope that I don't have another 8 1/2 pounder, but we will see!

Until next time!

2 comments:

AJ said...

I was nervous about the same things with a 2nd baby, but as all things with parenting, you learn as you go! You are a great mom, you'll find your balance! Feel free to blog about the experiences in the mean time, it's good therapy:)

Keelie said...

Oh Becca, I understand! I only work part time and it's still a job to keep up with everything! I have NO idea how you work full time, keep up with it all, and most of all, you're pregnant! I would have a real difficult time if I found out I was pregnant right now. But you seem to be handling it all well! Hats off to you! I've heard from other mothers that as they get older, it works very well to have kids close in age.
Glad to hear from you - post some pictures!:)
Take care!