Thursday, June 05, 2008

Becky who?

Ah, it's been forever since I posted. Life has been so busy, and I expect that it will get even busier. I am currently on maternity leave, going into my 37th week of pregnancy. I remember that the last month is the most difficult, and I can attest to that. I have been having difficulty with sleeping (waking up at 3/4 am and then not going back to sleep) and my body is hurting everywhere. I would kill for a chiropractic adjustment and massage... The discomfort I feel when I get out of bed in the morning kills me. Blech.

I've been trying to keep myself busy since leaving work last week. So far I have reorganized the baby dresser and closet, reorganized the garage, cleaned out the cupboard in the hallway, and cleaned and reorganized the storage space downstairs. I have a few more chores that I want done, but I will have Alfonso help me with those.

Christopher is almost a year old. I can hardly believe how fast the time has gone. He is currently crawling everywhere and getting into everything. He reminds me of a little bull, the way he charges across the floor. He is well versed in pulling himself to standing position, and is even taking small steps from the table to us, but is still not able to stand independently. He has eight teeth (4 on top, and 4 on bottom) and is eating 3 meals of solids per day, along with 3 bottles of formula. Soon we plan on introducing whole milk and dropping the bottle feeding to twice a day.

Christopher is such a happy baby, it is such a joy to watch him change into this little person. He has become very affectionate; enjoys hugging and "kissing" (aka slobbering) me. He is very curious, and enjoys opening drawers and cupboards. Overall he is quite mellow, and very sweet. Here are some photos for your viewing pleasure:











4 comments:

AJ said...

He's gotten so big! What a cutie! Can't wait to see pictures of the next one, keep us updated!

Mary said...

He is so gorgeous...and so big! I can see a lot more of you in him than before - you're both very photogenic :)

Is that the same measuring spoon he was chewing on when we were there in January?

alanna rose said...

Yeah for an update! He is such a cutie - and you look great!

Keelie said...

Yaaay! I was so glad to see a post from you! I've been meaning to e-mail you and find out how you're doing! The pictures are great! Christopher is so cute! You look great! I'm sure you're so ready to have that baby! Enjoy your time off work and do as much resting and relaxing as possible with an almost one year old!:)