Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Waiting and more waiting

Less than a week now until my "due date" of June 30th. Later on today I will be seeing my OB, so maybe, just maybe I will be a little dilated. The last few days have been more difficult, with lots of cramping, pressure and a few contractions here and there. Sunday night from 12am-1am was really uncomfortable, with contractions every 15 minutes, but then they went away (!) and I was able to fall asleep.

It's been really hot here (in the triple digits) so that hasn't been adding to my level of comfort either.

I took Christopher to the park yesterday evening and he loved it. He loves the swings, dogs and playing in the grass. He always cries when we have to go, but I reassure him that we will be back again.

We also went to Malibu the other day, and spent the afternoon at Zuma Beach. Christopher was very into it, and had a lot of fun walking into the water with Alfonso and playing in the sand. He sampled the sand a few times, but didn't seem to like it.














We celebrated Christopher's 1 year birthday on Thursday, the 19th. It's hard to believe that he has turned a year, it just seems like yesterday that he came into our world. As my dad always says to us, "I remember the day that you were born, it just seems like yesterday" now I understand what he means.











Christopher is doing a lot of crusing around furniture, but not able to walk or stand independently. I expect in the next couple of weeks he will learn to walk. He learned last week to set himself down from standing to sitting position, so now he doesn't cry out when he needs help sitting down.

More updates to continue...

3 comments:

Keelie said...

Yay!!! So excited to see some pictures!
Happy Birthday to Christopher! Wow! Time does fly doesn't it?! My husband said the other day the Caedmon's been outside of the womb almost longer than inside! Crazy!
Christopher's a doll!
Hope you have that baby soon so you can be relieved of the discomfort! The heat is awful to be pregnant in!
Can't wait to hear about the new little one!:)

AJ said...

What a handsome little man! I totally have been wondering if you delivered already! So excited to see pictures when the big day comes:) Good luck with everything!

alanna rose said...

I was wondering how you were doing! The picture of the three of you in Diego hats is great :)

Good luck - sending easy labor vibes!