Tuesday, September 23, 2008

stroller strides

It's been a busy couple of weeks. I recently started a work out routine so that I can get back into shape. I joined this group called stroller strides, which is apparently nationwide. www.strollerstrides.com

Stroller strides involves walking with your stroller along a route and doing various work out stations along the way. We use bands to work on triceps/bicep curls, while also doing lunges, squats, stairs and other activities. I have noticed a difference in my shape in the last three weeks, and I have lost 5 lbs so far. It is a good way to work out, meet other women and expose the children to the nice outside air. I figure that since I cannot join a gym, this is the best way for me to get back into shape. We have been doing stroller strides 3-4 times a week, which has kept us pretty busy.

I've also been keeping myself busy with baking. I love baking, and recently I have been baking zucchini chocolate chip muffins (thanks to AJ for posting the recipe on her blog) and banana bread. Today I am hoping to try a pumpkin-oatmeal muffin recipe. I bought wheat flour, bran, and flax seed, and I've been substituting with those ingredients to increase the nutritional value in the muffins. I've also been using applesauce instead of vegetable oil and you can't tell the difference. I figure I can just freeze the muffins, and we can use them for a snack or quick breakfast.

Christopher has recently started taking step (4-5 steps at a time), which is really cool to watch. Angela has begun "talking" to us; which sounds similar to someone softly blowing their nose (it's really cewt!). She really enjoys her play mat and get's really excited when she makes the toys move.









4 comments:

Keelie said...

Great job with the exercising! I really need to do SOMETHING!
Kuddos on the healthy eating! I made muffins a couple times with all the healthy ingredients and froze them as well - works great! I also made them in the tiny muffin tins - perfect size for Caedmon!
Your kids are adorable! Sounds like you're doing well! So glad to hear an update!

alanna rose said...

Making muffins and freezing them is the smartest idea EVER! I think it would solve the dilemma I usually have - OopsIateawholeoafofbananabread. Angela looks so teeny next to Christopher - they are both so cute:)

Unknown said...

Awwww... I'm plotzing! :)

Eleonora said...

I have to look into this stroller strides thing, sounds good. And yes, I am relieved knowing (more like confirming because I felt it was a boy from the start) that its a boy. Having an older brother is nice :)