Thursday, March 05, 2009

I smell teething

So.. this may be a little odd. But I can tell when my children are teething by the smell of their breath. It reminds of blood, but a little more medicinal. I could tell when Christopher was teething (I was pregnant at the time with Angela) and since having Angela, I've been breastfeeding.. So maybe it's hormone related? I was asking my dentist about this, but she had never heard of it. But I googled "teething breath" and a few hits showed up, so I am not the only one.

The reason why I bring this up is because Angela is teething, and a tiny little bud is starting to pop on the lower left part of her gums. She's been gnawing on me a bit more than usual, and has been fussy this entire evening.

1 comment:

alanna rose said...

I notice JJ's breath is a little different when he's teething, I think it has something to do with all of the extra drool. And he bites me once or twice (no fun) while nursing, I swear he just has to try out his new teeth on Mama ;)