Wednesday, November 22, 2006

End of week #11

Here we are at the end of week #11. I can hardly believe that I am almost done with my first trimester! It's exciting to think about what will happen these next few months as my belly grows bigger. I am still wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes, but with much discomfort. At the end of the day, I have to undo the button of my pants and breathe! A couple of times I have felt fluttering (this was after Alfonso had put his face next to my belly and had spoken to the baby and another time a co-worker of mine had done the same). The baby was like "hey! What you doin?!" Nothing majorly new with symptoms; just fatigue and my gums feel a little sore at times. I love taking my daily naps, it feels so good to wake up and feel refreshed. Also, I am very hot at night when I sleep and I need to open the window and balcony door so that I don't sweat. It's been really hot here in Los Angeles this past month (90's at times) so that makes it worse. I know everyone back east is telling me to not complain- but 90 degree weather in November is a bit ridiculous.


This was my conversation with Alfonso earlier today before he left for work-
Me: Hey baby, do you know what tomorrow is?
Alfonso: Tomorrow is Thanksgiving... and the start of week 12 for us.

I am really big on dates and time periods, so I keep bringing up our progress. I mention it about twice a week, so I think he is well trained at this point. :)

Here is the development of baby for week 11:
Nearly all structures and organs are formed and beginning to function.
Fingers and toes have separated.
Hair and nails begin to grow.
The genitals begin to take on the proper gender characteristics - It will be just a few more weeks before your ultrasound can show if you are having a boy or a girl!
Amniotic fluid begins to accumulate as the kidneys begin to function - This fluid, consisting primarily of water, helps provide a cushion for your baby while she's nestled within your womb.
The muscles in the intestinal walls begin to practice contractions that digest food.
Your baby is about 1.61 inches (4.1 cm) long and weighs 0.25 ounce (7gm).

No comments: