Thursday, November 02, 2006

Miscalculation; we are in week #9

Ok, I made an error. I had initially told the doctors office that the first day of my last period was September 9th and we calculated my due date to be June 15th. That's fine. But, for the last several weeks, I thought that I was two weeks behind from what I actually was for my pregnancy. So, although I was actually seven weeks, I thought that I was at five weeks. You are considered pregnant even when you are not actually pregnant. Does this make sense? The first two weeks of pregnancy is the time of conception and implantation of the egg into the uterus. I was not taking those first two weeks into consideration. So I am officially in my 9th week of pregnancy (even better for us!) and 3 more weeks left of my first trimester!!

In terms of how I feel. Pretty much the same! Same nausea (at any time of the day), fatigue (I need a nap in the afternoon or else I am completely dead for the rest of the evening), food adversions (the thought of red meat or mushrooms makes me feel sick), food cravings (I had a sour craving today, so I bought some yummy lemonade), emotional changes (I was crying uncontrollably the other night when I was taking a bath and sometimes I get annoyed with Alfonso for minor issues- I am sorry baby!), and now I am seeing my belly stick out a little bit more. Also, my breasts are looking fuller and they feel tender! Ouch!

We finally got my insurance situation straightened out, since I was working per diem at my job before the pregnancy and then I switched to part-time with benefits after we found out. After four weeks, my insurance will start December 1st. Now I need to find a doctor (I have a few in mind) and make my appointment for the first week of December (the sooner the better and this will be before Alfonso leaves for Mexico to pick up his mom). By this time, I will be in week #13, so we might be able to find out if it's a boy or girl. I really want to know, since I am such a planning freak and the wait will kill me!

Alfonso and I have been doing a lot of financial planning lately. We are thinking of ways to put a down-payment on a condo for next year. The prices here are so expensive! We are looking at $350,000-$400,000 for a 2BR/2BA. Only in LA! I met with my financial advisors today at Ameriprise, and announced that I was pregnant. They were surprised and excited, and even more excited about planning for me and Alfonso's finances.

I have another 6 weeks left in this semester. I just want it to end. I have a lot of work ahead of me (3 papers and a presentation), so I just want to make it and then I can relax. I will be taking classes next semester part-time, and for the remainder of my program. So, I will have another three years after next spring, but it's ok. It will be one day a week, and I can also work part-time with the baby. Well, I guess we will see how this will work out. :)

I will have Alfonso take a picture of me this weekend, so you can all see my little belly.