Thursday, April 26, 2007

33 weeks

We've been quite busy these last two weeks. It seems like we have something going on everyday; between doctors appointments, baby classes, house stuff and preparing for our wedding.

We officially married last week on Thursday, April 19th. We had our good friends Brandy, Dennis, Diego, and Julie attend the ceremony. The ceremony was in Beverly Hills at the courthouse and afterwards we celebrated at a spanish restaurant called La Paella. The ceremony itself was quite short (but sweet) and afterwards we took photos.

The day before the wedding, we bought our rings in the jewelry district in Los Angeles. A couple of days before the wedding, I bought a new dress at Motherhood Maternity and had my nails done as well. I also bought new silver sandles from Aldo, since all of my dressy shoes have heels.

I am still waiting for the official marriage certificate to come in the mail, so I have not changed my name. I am thinking about keeping my maiden name, but having it as my middle name. I would have two middle names and then Valencia as my last name.

Here are some photos from our wedding:



Alfonso and Diego





Exchange of rings





Us with Diego and Julie



Myself with Brandy and Julie

We recieved a beautiful vase from Diego and Julie, along with a photo scrapbook of our wedding made by Julie. The scrapbook is really nice, and I look at it at least once a day. My parents sent us flowers along with a card. The flowers are in the new vase and it looks really beautiful. We also recieved a card and money from our good friend Ro and his wife, and then the other day we got a card and money from my Aunt Bonnie and Uncle Mike.

This weekend my good friends Lenny and Luba are driving down from San Francisco to come visit us. I am so excited to see them! I haven't seen them since September, and this will be the first time that Luba and Alfonso will meet.

I have another three weeks of work left (6 shifts) and I am literally counting down the days. Work has been fairly decent, but I am experiencing quite a bit of back and joint pain. Alfonso is helpful with easing the lower back pain with his massages. I have also been taking baths to help ease some of the muscle tension. Generally I feel large and clumsy. I am still sleeping well, so I am thankful for that.

The other day I had a doctors visit, and she confirmed through ultrasound that the baby is head down. Hopefully he will stay that way and not flip back over. My OB doctor told me that I look great and so far everything is looking normal. She prescribed me iron tablets to help with anemia, especially after the delivery.

How your baby's growing:This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and measures 17.2 inches from the top of his head to his heels. His skin is becoming less red and wrinkled, and while most of his bones are hardening, his skull is quite pliable and not completely joined. This will help him ease out of your relatively narrow birth canal.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Yaaayyy, congratulations! I love the pics - your tummy is looking very nice and round. I especially loved the ring pictures. Meow!

Mary said...

That's what I'm doing with my last name - just tacking it on as a middle name. I thought about hyphenating, but I realized I'm already too lazy to write out Kirkwood all the way, so there's no way I'd get Kirkwood-Pilon finished. Then I considered just keeping mine, but we already get stuff in the mail that's addressed to Joe and Mary Pilon...sooo...that wouldn't work either. Yay for 4 initials!