Thursday, April 12, 2007

Tomorrow I will be starting my 31st week. I can hardly believe that we are almost to the end. In some ways this pregnancy has gone by quickly, but in other ways it has been slow. I've been feeling pretty good lately. I've been having some mid back pain, but this week I have felt better. I went to go see my OB doctor on Tuesday. She said everything looked good and that whatever I am doing to keep doing. Now I will be going every two weeks X3, then every week until the baby is delivered.

My blood count from last month looked normal, but she wrote me a prescription for iron tablets because women generally become more anemic in the 3rd trimester and I will loose blood during the delivery. I asked her if she could tell where the baby was positioned due to the movements I have been feeling lately. When she palpated my abdomen, she thought that he was lying head down but couldn't really tell because he is still pretty small. I think that he has his head down, because occasionally I will feel his head turn from one side to the other in my pelvic region, especially when I am sitting upright. Also, when he is super active, he will kick and I can see two different sides of my upper abdomen going up and down. Christopher's waking hours seem to be in the evening when I am watching television, at night when I am trying to fall asleep or in the morning when I am finished with breakfast.

I am still waiting for my desk to arrive from Pottery Barn. It was supposed to come on Tuesday, but they had to reorder it because it had been damaged during the delivery. So, we are still typing on our laps, and the printer remains on the floor in the guest room. This weekend Alfonso is going to paint the guest bedroom. I hope it turns out ok. We chose a light green in hopes that it will look nice with the cream/white colored carpet. We still need to buy a bookcase for all of our books, but it's not a big priority at this moment.

Lately I've been checking out craig's list for baby items. There are some items that I do not need brand new since the baby will grow out of it so quickly. The other day I bought a Baby Bjorn carrier and Snugglenest for $65 total from this woman in Marina del Rey. Brand new, these items would have cost $180. Now I am looking at a second infant car seat base that normally costs $40, but a family in Van Nuys is selling it for $10. Next I have my eyes set on mini co-sleeper (it's like a bassinet that is connected to the side of the bed) that normally runs $120, but is being sold for $60 by a family in Chatsworth. After I have bought my mini co-sleeper, I think I am set for now. My parents bought us our car seat and stroller (which I prefer to have new and we can also use it for another child later on) and I am waiting for it to be delivered.

I am still working by two days a week (24 hrs), but I will be taking maternity leave at 36 weeks. Work is really exhausting for me, not only are the night hours are hard on me, but the running around is getting to be difficult. Alfonso has been working a lot lately, so that we are prepared for when the baby comes. He worked extra last night and is going to be working extra tonight.

Overall we are doing well. :) Until next time.

Love, Becky

No comments: