Saturday, July 07, 2007

A little late in publishing! I wrote this in eary July, so about two weeks ago!Christopher was two weeks old then.

This past week Alfonso returned to work, so I have been in charge of Christopher for the last three days and three nights. It has been a little stressful at times with Christopher crying and not wanting to go to sleep, but overall he has been pretty good. Yesterday we went for a walk inside the mall, since it has been really hot outside. I ran into some women from my breastfeeding support group, so it was nice to see some familiar faces. The local mall has a family room complete with changing areas, couches, and rooms for breastfeeding. I had to do two diaper changes and one clothing change, so this family room served us very well.

I finally got a call back from the nurse manager on Short Stay Surgery. We set up an interview for July 20th. She seemed interested in me, so I hope that I will be able to get the position. I will be working 12 hr days (no longer the 12 hr night shift that I have been doing for the last 4 years). Also, I will have weekends and holidays off. This is a big change for me, since for as long as I can remember (since I entered the working force at age 16) I have worked most holidays and weekends.

My parents and brother are coming next week, so I am looking forward to seeing them and having some extra hands!


No comments: