Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The good, the bad, and the ugly

I had my six week post-delivery follow up appointment today. It was so nice to see my doctor again. She is always so friendly and we always have a good time chatting. I am thinking about switching medical groups (driving down to Cedars is about an hour with traffic) but I can't bear to switch MD's!

Christopher handled himself pretty well, except for the meltdown he had in the waiting room. It started with him having gas, and then a dirty diaper. I could not get him to calm down regardless of breastfeeding or any other intervention. Finally we moved to a more private area that wasn't so crowded and he calmed down.

I am about 20 lbs over my desired weight. I am cautious on what I eat and I have been walking every night with Christopher. I plan on lifting small weights to strengthen and tone my muscles. Before I was pregnant I was in the best shape of my life, so I hope to regain at least some of my original shape. I think it will take me a good 6 months to get back into shape, but I am ready for the challenge.

Now for the ugly- our house has an ant problem. The day my parents were leaving we noticed ants in the kitchen. I thought that it was from the fruit that we had bought at a fruit stand. Then several days later I found them swarming in the cupboards over a jar of honey. I cleaned out the cupboard and the ants went away for several days. Now they are back and taking over the kitchen. They even crawl on me (I smell like maple syrup from the herbal supplements that I take for lactating). Apparently the city of Valencia has this problem, it's especially worse in the summertime when the temperature is in the triple digits. Our friends Julie and Diego had the same problem at their house and they hired a pest exterminator. So, I am going to call them tomorrow and get this problem taken care of before we leave for GA/MI.

1 comment:

alanna rose said...

We had a terrible ant problem - and I got rid of them by soaking cotton balls in a solution of borax, sugar and water and then setting the cotton balls in the ants' path. After a day there were a lot less, and the next day they were gone. It's been a few months and I haven't seen them.

Just google borax and ants for the "recipe" for the solution. Good luck!