Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Our visit to Michigan and Georgia

Sorry, this entry is coming in a bit late. We had a great time in GA and MI. We first visited southern Georgia with it's incredibly hot and humid weather. Due to the humidity, we were inside for most of the time chilling out. However, Alfonso did show me around his old stomping ground in Valdosta. Everyone took a liking to Christopher, with lots of cuddling and kisses. Here are some pictures of our GA visit:


Christopher with Grandma and cousin David



Christopher with Grandma, cousin Mayra and Aunt Maria



Cousin David reading Bambi to Christopher


We then traveled to MI for a week to see my family. The weather in MI was a lot cooler than GA, so we were able to do more activities outside. We went kayaking down the AuSable River, biking on Mackinac island and attended my 10 year high school reunion. We also had a family get together with my aunts, uncles and cousins so that they could meet Christopher and Alfonso.

With the exception of me contracting a 24 hour stomach virus, it was a wonderful vacation! Christopher is a great traveler, and handled himself very well on the planes and airports (with 6 flights and 5 airports total).


Alfonso kayaking down the AuSable



Christopher playing with his Baby Einstein jungle gym



The straits of Mackinac (The Mackinac Bridge is the 6th largest suspension bridge in the world. It's 50 years old this year.)



The water of Lake Michigan and Lake Huron looked absolutely beautiful. Amazing colors of blue and teal, it reminded me of the Pacific Ocean near Hawaii.



The only modes of transport are by horse and bike. No cars are allowed!



Christopher enjoying his ride in the pull along buggy that was attached to Alfonso's bike.



Sunset over the Straits of Mackinac



Crossing the Mackinac bridge



Christopher and Great-Aunt Gig



Christopher with Great-Grandma Pilon



Christopher with Great-Aunt Susie






Christopher and Grandma



Christopher and Aunt Crystal



Christopher with Uncle Joe and Aunt Mary

1 comment:

Keelie said...

Hi! You recently posted on my blog, so I thought I'd check yours out! Where is home in Michigan? I don't know if you figured out that that's where I live. We're in Muskegon. I'm originally from Wisconsin, but have fallen in love with Michigan and don't ever want to move!

Your Christopher is absolutely adorable!

Thanks for the advice! I'm not very good at slowing down. This week alone, I've worked 5 hrs/3 days with an autistic girl(I provide behavioral care services through the state), painted a hallway and 6 doors, and cleaned my house. Everyone is telling me I need to take it easy, but I planned to get all the last big projects done this week and then hopefully I can relax till baby comes!

I know I'll have trouble letting things go once baby's here - I'm going to have to do a better job of listening to my body and letting my husband do more around the house - that's hard for me!

Anyway... I've enjoyed looking at your pictures! I look forward to posting baby pictures soon myself!