Monday, November 19, 2007

Thanksgiving this week?!

I can hardly believe that it's nearly Thanksgiving. Where has the time gone? Today is officially 5 months since Christopher was born. It's strange how you start to measure time based on the age of your children.

I am working tomorrow and Wednesday, but then I have the next 5 days off. We aren't sure what we are going to do for Thanksgiving. It would be nice to take a little road trip and venture out of Los Angeles, but as of now we aren't sure where to go. Originally we wanted to drive out to the Grand Canyon, but it's a 500 mile drive and what options do we have with a baby? It would be better if we had more time and could make a vacation out of it.

Christopher is very cute. The other day he said "ba ba". Since then, I haven't heard him say it, but it was sweet when he said it the first time. I love seeing him wake up in the morning. When he finally notices me looking at him, he will smile and coo at me. He makes a lot of random noises, ranging from grunting like a little dinosaur to squealing like a piglet. It's all very cute.

Baby #2 is keeping me on my toes with the intermittent nausea, thirst for water, and fatigue. It's not quite as bad as when I was pregnant with Christopher, but just enough to be slightly uncomfortable. We went to a going away party last week for one of Alfonso's coworkers. We announced our pregnancy during the dinner, and received quite a response from the 20+ people that were sitting at our table. It's all very exciting. :)

4 comments:

alanna rose said...

Congratulations! How exciting to have a sibling for Christopher :)

Crystal said...

Yay, exciting baby news! Don't forget to mention Christopher's heavy breathing sounds, too.

If you have a girl what will you name her? I think we need to keep the name "Renee" alive in this fam, what do you think?

Love you!

Keelie said...

So what did you do for Thanksgiving? Do you have any family close by?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.