Tuesday, January 08, 2008

It's been a long time baby...

I know, it's been forever since I last posted on my blog. I have been going through a difficult time, and whenever I feel upset I do have the inspiration to write and share my life with people.

Anyhow, we are officially in 2008 and it's time to turn a few pages and start writing again.

Christopher is doing well. He is now 6.5 months old and is continuing to amaze us each day. Around Thanksgiving (he was 5 months then) he started to talk more and say bababababa and dadadadada on a regular basis. He is a very happy baby and smiles often, even at strangers which can be kind of scary. I just hope we won't have problems later on with him being too friendly towards strangers. He has been sitting up by himself for the last few weeks. He will fall over on occasion, but overall is able to sit unassisted for a few moments at a time. He also enjoys standing, and can stand with us holding onto his hands.

When he was born, his hair was light brown. He lost most of his hair, and has regrown honey colored hair that is very similar to mine. His eyes are quite large, similar to mine as well. My parents commented that he looks like me from when I was a baby. I love his smile; when he smiles, he will smile with his entire mouth open. He has been teething quite a bit, but still no teeth have appeared. He will stick anything and everything into his mouth and chew on it. Here are a few photos that we taken in December before Christmas:





Christmas went well. My sister Crystal visited us for a few days before joining the Peace Corps. She is currently in Philadelphia undergoing a few days of training, before she leaves for Niger on the 9th. She will be gone for 27 months, so we won't see her for a long time.

Alfonso's sister and her two children joined us for Christmas from Georgia. We opened Christmas gifts on Christmas Day and ate freshly make tamales that Alfonso's mother and sister made for us. Alfonso gave me an Ipod nano and my parents sent us a boom box that can play CD's and my ipod. I gave Alfonso a jacket from Banana Republic that he has been wanting for the last year or so. We did some sightseeing, and ended up seeing Kat VonDee (she is on TLC with Miami Ink/ LA ink) on Olvera St in downtown LA. We also saw Vince Vaughn at The Grove. He was walking down a sidewalk when my niece Mayra pointed him out to me. He looked very tall (like 6'2") and was walking with another girl.

Our Christmas Eve family photo:



We didn't celebrate New Years much (I worked New Years eve and then the day after New Years). We went to Philadelphia on January 3rd, and came back yesterday on the 8th. Alfonso was the best man in our friends wedding. We had a good time; did some sightseeing and finally had a "real" Philly cheese steak. I think I gained at least 5lbs in the last week, much of it eating cheese steaks on our quest to look for the real deal.

I have my next doctor's appointment on Thursday, so maybe we will be able to find out what the sex of the baby is (I have a feeling it's a boy though). I am starting to feel some subtle kicks, so the baby is definitely making his/her appearance known. Till next time!

2 comments:

AJ said...

Glad your back! Christopher looks so big!

Anonymous said...

loved the family photo, Fonsi has a beautiful family.