Thursday, December 14, 2006

For the sake of an A

Yarrghh.. I am in the last week of classes and then next week we have finals. I have three papers due in the course of 10 days. Not to mention an upcoming presentation, and a final. Last Friday I turned in paper #1 at a whopping 10 pages in length. The minimum was seven pages, but I went over a little bit. I am working on paper #2 that is due tomorrow. I have about 75% of it completed, and I should be finished within the next couple of hours. The minimum is four pages, but it looks like I am hitting the eight page mark. Then I have paper #3 due on Monday along with a final exam Monday morning. Lastly, a presentation on Wednesday, but that should be easy. I know that I shouldn't complain because I am sure much of this stress is due to procrastination, but with the continuous amount of work I've had this semester, (and my fatigue d/t pregnancy) I haven't had much time to work on anything else. I think after class on Friday I am going to take a nice nap, go shopping for some Christmas gifts and then go to Diego and Julie's Christmas party in the evening. I am going to take a break for one day to regain my mental sanity. Then onwards all day Saturday and Sunday.

Yes, I want to have an A in the class, but I also want to do a good job. I feel that I am in competition with myself and I want to perform well for my instructors. I want to present interesting work for them to read and I want to learn from these assignments. I know.. I sound like a nerd. I wasn't like this in nursing school (which was a bad thing) because I just wanted to complete the assignment and hope for a good grade. Maybe in my more mature state, I have changed and my outlook on learning has changed.

Back to my paper on Cesar Chavez and the United Farm Workers Movement. I am going to finish up my idea, take a break for an everything bagel toasted with a thin layer of cream cheese, tomato, red onion and lightly sprinkled with salt and pepper on top. I am starving!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

I admire your drive to do a good job! If I were your prof, I'd give you an A.

Your lunch sounds yummy.