Sunday, December 10, 2006

When pregnant, don't look at old photos of yourself....

I shouldn't have done this, but I was looking at my old photos of myself taken from this summer. After gaining 8 lbs in the last 13 weeks, it was depressing seeing a thinner self. I know I shouldn't be saying these things, because it sounds really vain.. I'll get over this. I feel very fortunate to be pregnant and to be carrying a little baby inside of me that depends on me for it's growth and nutrition. This only happens a couple of times during a womans life.

I am officially in the 2nd trimester, so I am feeling better. No longer nauseated and crazy fatigued. I am looking into starting some prenatal yoga classes just down the street from me. http://www.angelcityyoga.com/ The classes are 90 minutes and $15 per class. The prenatal yoga class will help strengthen my pelvic muscles and expand the pelvic cavity. The postures exercise the spine and reduce backaches, elleviate edema, and prevent varicose veins. I will also be able to meet other pregnant women too!

We will find out in February (20 wks) if it's a boy or girl. I have a feeling that it's a boy. And according to the Chinese Lunar Calendar, it is predicting that I am having a boy as well (this is based on my age of conception=27 and the month that the baby was conceived (September). http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/cal.html
So we might have a little Christopher Alfonso after all. :)

Alfonso is in Mexico with his mom. She has her citizenship interview on Wednesday, so now she will be here in the US. He will be coming back on Sunday night. I miss him, and I want him to be safe. He called me earlier today, so it was nice to hear his voice.

Love, Becky

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh, don't feel bad about looking at your old pictures. It happens to everyone, pregnant or not pregnant! I'm sure you will lose the baby weight right away.

So.. do you guys now want to know the baby's sex beforehand?? I know you were kind of thinking about having it be a surprise...

Mary said...

I don't know...I think you're having a girl. I don't have anything to back that up except that I've called every 7 out of 9 of my nieces and nephews correctly (the two I got wrong are twins, which threw me off).