Sunday, December 03, 2006

This & that

This week has been really exciting for us. I bought maternity clothes at Target on Friday after I couldn't stand to wear my jeans anymore. After I buttoned the top button, my belly was squished and I felt really uncomfortable. I bought two pairs of pants (khaki and black), two tank tops, and three tops that are form fitting on top but skirt out a little after my bustline. The tops are really cute and look nice with the tank tops underneath. The pants are really comfortable and will give me room to grow. I bought size 6 & 8 since I wasn't sure if I will be able to fit into the smaller size in another three months. I also bought small and medium tops, but I think the medium is too large in the shoulders and arms so I may have to return it. I can't wait for spring so that I can wear dresses.

We have our first prenatal visit on Wednesday (finally!) and we are really excited. It may be a little early to find out the sex, so it might not be for another month. Last night when I was at work another nurse suggested that we listen to the fetal heart tones. She went down to the ER and picked up a handheld doppler. I was able to listen to the heart tones for the first time! It was so cool to hear the swish-swish-swish sound of the baby's heart beating. I wanted Alfonso to hear, so I went over to the ICU and Alfonso listened with the doppler. I felt that I could listen to the heart beating all day. It was amazing.

Alfonso is leaving on Friday for Mexico and he will be gone for 10 days. I am a little worried that he is leaving (just scared of something happening to him) so I just want to get through that time without worrying about him. I am at the end of my semester, so I will be busy with papers and studying. I am so ready for this semester to end. Then I will have five weeks of freedom and will restart at the end of January with two courses (instead of the four that I have now).

My sister was able to change some of my settings around in my blog and now the comment section is enabled. So now people can leave comments after each entry.

Love, Becky

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Yay! Congrats on hearing the heartbeat and getting new clothes. If you get lonely next week, feel free to give your sister a call. :)