Saturday, October 06, 2007

It's been awhile

I wrote this last week, but wasn't able to publish it.

Much has happened these last few weeks. I started work in a new department working days (7am-7:30pm) and last week we went to MI for my brothers wedding.

Work is going well; I am enjoying the day time schedule. I feel that my body agrees with it more. Of course I am much busier working days (more doctors, surgeries, tests and such) but the routine is getting easier for me.

Last weekend we flew to Marquette for Joe and Mary's wedding. Christopher did pretty well on the plane, with the exception of the flight from Minneapolis to Marquette. He didn't handle the noisy puddle jumper plane too well, but it was also at the end of the day.

I introduced Alfonso to pasties, and we even bought a few to take home with us to LA. On Saturday we drove to Munising and viewed the Munising Falls and the pretty fall colors of the UP. It was nice to be back in the UP, and I was especially excited to show Alfonso the area I spent part of my life in. We lived in the UP until I was 7, and then I spent 3 semesters up at Northern before I moved to Ithaca.
Here are some photos of our trip:

The Superior Dome at Northern Michigan University:


Train cars with cargo waiting for transportation:


Lighthouse on Lake Superior (this is near Presque Isle). I remember walking on this breakaway when I was in college:


Christopher looking cute:


View of the Lake Superior shoreline from the AuTran boat dock. My parents used to collect rocks from this area for my mom's flower garden.


Me enjoying the clean air of the UP:


The beautiful Munising Falls. I remember coming here when I was five/six years old. It seemed surreal to have my husband and son visit the falls.


My brothers Joe (far left) and Tom (middle).


The Bridesmaids and Flower girl


Mr and Mrs Joseph Pilon


My handsome boys: Christopher (in his onesie tuxedo) and Alfonso


Our family photo:
(This was shortly before Christopher's three hour nap)


Grandma, mama and baby Chris


The Pilon kids (minus Crystal; she was finishing up with the wedding cake).


Crystal's amazing wedding cake:


Crystal's wedding cake:






4 comments:

Crystal said...

Yay, thanks for posting some photos! I love Munising falls. :)

AJ said...

Beautiful cake! Crystal did such a nice job.

Everyone looks really nice too, Christophers tux is adoreable!

Mary said...

Hooray for wedding cake pictures! I didn't think I could wait 4 more weeks for our photographer's version :)

These are all wonderful pictures. We're so glad you three were able to come!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the pictures, wonderful memories. MOM