Wednesday, September 19, 2007

First day back

I went back to work last Sunday. I am on orientation (new department, new computerized charting program) so the day went pretty slow. I called Alfonso twice to see how Christopher was. I don't go back to work until Friday, but I will be working Friday, Saturday, Sunday, then Tuesday, Wednesday. Then on Thursday we are leaving for MI for my brothers wedding. I am so excited to be going back to Marquette and I can't wait to see the fall colors! I am also really thrilled to see my family again!

We went to Mexico on Saturday for lobster. I've been dying to go for a long time! The drive is quite long (4 hours each way) but it's tolerable every once in awhile. Mexico's independence day was the next day, so there were quite a bit of flags on the streets and behind cars. Here are some photos of our journey:

Alfonso practicing his trick at a rest stop near San Diego:


Just crossing into Tijuana:


The view of the Pacific Ocean from Puerto Nuevo, Mexico:


Mama and Christopher waiting for the lobster:


Lobster, Dos Equis and the Pacific! What more could you ask for!


They give you rice, beans, flour tortillas, bread and soup along with the lobster. I think it was around $17.00 per plate. Not so bad, but you also need to consider the amt of time and money it takes to drive down! I am so happy that we could go before I started work.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

That lobster looks so good. I'm practically drooling.