Friday, May 18, 2007

36 weeks

We are almost full term with one more week left until 37 weeks. However, my due date is not until June 15th, so it could be another 4-5 weeks before Christopher makes his debut. We are not exactly ready- we still need to have the car seat installed and checked (it's the law), and we still need to stock up baby essentials (diapers, clothes, and receiving blankets). We are having our baby shower this Sunday, so I hope to knock off a couple of essential items from our list.

In the last month or two I have bought some used items from people on Craig's list, so that has helped us economically. I bought a mini co-sleeper with two sheets and extension legs for $95 (brand new= ~$170), Snugglenest delux $25 (new $50), Baby Bjorn Sporty Carrier $40 (new $120), Boppy Pillow with cover $15 (new $35) and infant carseat base $10 (new $40). We saved over $230 in buying the items slightly used.

My parents bought us an infant car seat and stroller along with a baby bouncer. We have our crib and dresser set up. Now we just need a mattress and bedding. We plan on having the baby sleep with us upstairs for a couple of months (during the day he will sleep in his crib downstairs) and before I start work we will have him sleep downstairs (hopefully).

Today we went to our breastfeeding class. The information was very helpful and we learned more from this class than at our infant care class. It's interesting to see all of the pregnant women and see how far along they are in their pregnancy. Also, it's just nice to see other pregnant women and know that they are going through the same thing as me. This one girl in our class had terrible edema in her feet and she was elevating her legs, so I could definitly sympathize. Two of the women in our class were having twins! The instructor had us play with our baby dolls and we practiced nursing them. I feel a little nervous about breastfeeding, but more confident after taking the class.

Tomorrow is my last day at work! I am so relieved to have it be over with. I worked on Tuesday, and in the last two hours of my shift I could hardly walk because my back and joints were hurting so much. :c owww

No comments: