Thursday, May 10, 2007

Feeling swollen and sore

In the last week or two, the temperature in Los Angeles has been in the 90's. My body is not handling this too well and as a result my feet, ankles, and hands are swollen. At times it feels like I am walking on pins and needles. I cannot wear my wedding or engagement rings as a result of the swelling in my hands.

At my doctors appointment on Wednesday, I mentioned the swelling to my nurse and doctor. My doctor advised me to keep my legs elevated, stay in a cool room, and take it easy. I elevate my legs as often as I can, but the swelling has not been entirely alleviated. We talked for a little bit about preeclampsia (high blood pressure during pregnancy) and she recommended that I have my blood drawn to see if there is anything abnormal. Two weeks ago during a routine urine dip, they found a trace of protein in the urine. I came back the following week and did another urine specimen that turned out to be normal. For the most part my blood pressure has been pretty stable, but my baseline is 100/60 and recently it has been 120/80.

My doctor advised me to call her at anytime if I develop severe headaches, blurred vision, pain on my right side, or sudden weight gain (most noticeable in the face, hands, and feet). So far, so good.

I am supposed to call her tomorrow to check on my blood results. I hope that it will be ok. Here are some nice pictures of my pedal edema:


Picture of me at 30 weeks and then at 35 weeks:





Here are some updated house photos:

The guest bedroom before and after:






Guest bathroom before and after:




Desk area before and after: (we still need a desk chair)





Living room:


We still need a nice painting above the mantle. We haven't found the right one yet. The white glider chair will be going into the baby's room. It is in the living room for now until we have some boxes cleared from the baby's room.

Dining area with our two paintings that we bought in Venice, Italy two years ago.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Wow, your poor little feets look so swollen! Brrooowwww... (mournful cat meow)

I LOVE the guest bedroom! It looks so beautiful! And those pictures you got in Venice... gorgeous! Your house is really coming along.