Thursday, May 24, 2007

37 weeks!

We are approaching the end with nearly three weeks left. I am officially on maternity leave and so far it feels really good. I am still having quite a bit of swelling in my feet and hands, so I can rest when I need to and be active when I am able to tolerate it. I have been pretty busy this past week- we had our car seat installed and checked on Monday. So now I have Christopher's car seat in the back seat of my car. I like to look at it and think of when Christopher will be on the outside with us. I bought a new maternity nightgown and robe, and two nursing bras the other day. As Alfonso would put it, it's one of those bras that has the "windows." I have also been busy with changing everything over to my new name, so I am officially Rebecca Lynn Pil** Valenc** with Lynn and Pil** being my two middle names. For most of the time, I will just be Rebecca Valenc**.

I saw my OB doctor on Wednesday and everything seems to be okay. My blood pressure was 120/78 and my labs from two weeks ago were normal. She rechecked the positioning of the baby, and he has his head down. Christopher has been having the hiccups quite a bit lately, and it seems to be more frequent after meals and in the evening. I've been experiencing more heart burn at night, so I usually take two tums before I go to bed. I will be seeing my doctor once a week now and then twice a week if I go past June 15th. Hopefully that will not be the case.

We had our baby shower/BBQ last Sunday, and received a lot of gifts from our friends and co-workers. I will be having another baby shower next week with my co-workers, so I am looking forward to seeing them once again before I deliver. I will take some photos of the baby room in the next week or two. We are waiting for a couple of items that are being shipped, so the room is not complete.

Here is an update on baby's development: Congratulations! Your pregnancy is now considered full term — meaning your baby is developmentally ready to handle life outside the womb. (Babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 weeks are post-term.) Your baby probably weighs a little over 6 pounds at this point and measures between 19 and 20 inches, head to heel.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Yay, I can't wait to see the photos of little Christopher's room. You guys have good style.